National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), provides attractive scholarship to the needy and talent students who fulfill the categories set by the College. The Scholarship plan for new intake in UG Level is given as below:
1. NAST provides different scholarships to the deserving and the needy students as following:
a. 80% and above in +2 or equivalent level – 100% waiver in monthly fees and admission fees.
b. Below 80% and above 75% in +2 level, 50% discount in monthly fee and admission fee.
c. Below 75% and above 70% in +2 level, 25% discount in monthly fee and admission fee.
d. Below 70% and above 65% in +2 level, 10% discount in monthly fee and admission fee.
e. Below 65% and above 60%in +2 level, 10% discount in monthly fee only.
2. The students who have passed +2 levels from NAST secondary school would be given 100% waiver in admission fee at any academic discipline.
3. There will be totally free to the students who have been formally fowarded by the Pokhara University in written directives.
4. Other types of scholarships would be available if written and specified directives from the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education are received.
5. The Entrance toppers of each program would enjoy 50% discount for one semester in tuition fee only.
6. The semester toppers in University exam would be provided scholarship as below:
a. Semester topper with atleast 3 to 3.79 SGPA 50% in tuition fee for one semester. (Semester topper with less than 3 SGPA will not be provided the scholarship).
b. Semester topper with 3.8 or more 100% in tuition fee for one semester.
7. If more than one student of the same feeder parent are studying at NAST, 50% discount will be given to the students who are studying in cast of academic scholarship winners.
8. The college will provide Rs. 20,000/- cash reward to the students who is awarded Gold medal by the university for his highest CGPA score in the University.
9. Any type of scholarship is subject to withdraw if the student violates any rule, code of the college or fails in more than one subject in semester examinations or continuously in two semesters or remains more than two back papers.
10. Except in case of University or government regulations and written directives to the college, generally, the annual college charges as well as full university charges are to be paid even by all types of scholarship holders.
11. Other scholarship conditions would be as per the university rule and specified Government directives. Pokhara University has the provision of providing full scholarship for 2 students in each program every year. To grab this opportunity, only the students who have passed S.E.E. from Community Schools and succeed in the test examination for Scholarship conducted by the University at Pokhara can apply.
Students fulfilling the required eligibility will have to pass the written entrance test and oral test seperately administered by NAST or University authorities. The date, time, and venue of the entrance test will be published in the newspapers and in our website (http://www.nast.edu.np) after the declaration of +2 results. Only the successful candidates in entrance test would be granted admission on merit basis.